~ Day 17 ~
A picture of something that has made an impact on your life recently
The past year has been really hard for me, and I changed so much in such a short amount of time that for a while I felt really lost, and I almost didn't even care anymore....but in some ways I cared too much. I got by in school and didn't take the time and effort to aim higher. But I also really stressed over school and homework and let it exhaust me and take over all of my time. I lay awake at night worrying about relationships with my siblings or my parents, but then the next day I would slip back into old habits and damage relationships even further. Sometimes I would be depressed and unmotivated for several days at a time. And through it all, I began to lose sight of God, or at least put Him into a box that I only opened on Sundays or when I felt like it.
I can't say that I've totally fixed all of these things now, or found a perfect balance for my life. But with God's help, and the help of my friends and family, I'm trying. I'm making the effort to participate more in classes and get my homework done on time, but also take a break when I need one. I'm trying to fix relationships that have been damaged over time, and I want God to be at the center of my life again. I don't want to waste any of the amazing life God has given me.
![]() |
| weheartit.com |
It's easier to wake up in the morning and get through the day knowing that I have a goal. And now that it's Spring Break (!!!), I'm planning on taking some time to organize my life and pull things together. I'll let you know how it goes. :)



You read my mind, best friend, once again. Let's keep each other motivated kay? And this is really beautifully written. I love it when you get prosey. :) Keep being yo amazing self. I'm always here for you <3
ReplyDeleteI've felt like this a lot lately, thanks for writing!
ReplyDelete<3
Oh, I know what you mean. This year has been different from all the others because I got my own bedroom. This has been really helpful, because now I have a quiet place to do school and to practice violin in. The problem is that that is almost all I do, so I basically live in it and don't see my family too much! And when I do emerge, I'm too often preoccupied. It's hard for me to find a balance between school, violin, family, God, and... well, everything. I'm not getting all my school and practicing done, but most of the time I'm working from early in the morning to late at night on it- it's like it never ends. I am really looking forward to this Spring Break- I want to make it a time to rest, spend more time in prayer, and spend more time in family. So I'm working on it too, sister! :)
ReplyDelete