I love Christmastime. I love the cheerful decorations and the quirky Christmas trees and beautiful twinkly lights. I love celebrating Advent, lighting a candle every night, and remembering the real meaning of Christmas. How many of us get caught up in gift-giving and receiving, Christmas parties, and decorations? It's so easy to do, especially in a secular society that celebrates a secular Christmas. This is my family's first time celebrating Advent at home (we've done it at church), and I love it. It helps me remember that the only reason we have Christmas, the only reason we have strength to keep going in the new year, the only reason we have any hope of ever seeing our God face-to-face someday, is because of a tiny baby that was born on Christmas in a barn. Crazy. :)

Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.
Luke 2:14
Have an amazing December! :)
Love,
Amanda


Oh wow, the first picture is amazing! Did you take it? It's the kind of picture I wish I could take. :) Great job!!!!
ReplyDeleteI love that last one! Very cool!
ReplyDeleteAnd I *loooove* Christmas. ^_^ Our Church looks so pretty all decorated. :D